Saturday 17 September 2011

REDNECK BORN:

REDNECK BORN:

Born in the centre of redneck land
raised in a place where they kick sand in your face
footy and beer is the only main coarse
and if u don't think it they'll spit sand in your face.

hit sixteen year's, I had moved out of home
moved into a place no heater no water
just a little green shed out the back of a house
just me and the shed and a little white mouse.

couldn't get a job so I went back to school
almost 18 now I wasn’t feeling the fool
finished high school @ the end of my teens
accepted into uni what an illin's thang.

6 months latter I had finished up school
no money no car couldn’t manage the rent
got a job picking cartons on a factory floor
never finished school but it paid a lot more.

the job gave me money 4 quality of life
but no inspiration for any education
the drive in my life all swallowed up
like desert water all evaporated.

like my life now humble alone
just waiting 4 the day someone calls the phone
all alone and cold ill wait 2 be found
not sorry but I though I’d have a better life.

sign my death wish now I got a desire
won't finish my life like i wanted to please
I’ll keep written songs cause I like it a lot
an if someone else hears them I hope it fills the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment